WHERE TO START
You may be asking yourself; “Where do I start?” We suggest that you determine what size home you need by asking the following questions:
- How much land do I have to build on?
- What width and length of home will fit on the land?
- How many bedrooms do I want?
- How many bathrooms do I want?
- Do I want an open floor plan (without walls between the kitchen, living room, and dining room)?
- Do I want a mother-in-law plan (master bedroom on opposite side of the house as the other bedrooms)?
- Do I want a one-story home?
- Do I want an attached garage?
- How do I want to arrange porches (full or partial?, front and back?, wrap around?)
- What do I want the roof pitch to be (standard is 4/12)?
- What do I want the ceiling height to be (8’ or 9’ is standard)?
- Do I want to use a cathedral ceiling or boxed ceiling?
- Do I want to use any masonry on the exterior?
If you know the answers to these questions, then you are probably ready to select a floor plan. We have many standard floor plans and designs that you can choose from, or you can provide your own design, or we can work with you to provide a custom design.